Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Use Reverse Osmosis Water Filters for My Beverages

I Use Reverse Osmosis Water Filters for My Beverages

Water Filter

"I were-meant for you, now you fer-ment for me" Just wasn't happening!

Who said Reverse Osmosis?

After trying many different recipes for wines, sodas, and beer - and having a struggle getting them to turn out right, I realized it was the water I was using.

My kitchen is a late 90's kitchen and has all the nice things as far as fixtures, faucets and accessories but the people who built it did not think to put in a Reverse Osmosis system.

After testing the water coming from the tap, I found it was full of hard water minerals, and Iron. So I set out on the path to concur the "problem of my brew".

It was quite the experience at first but after setting my face to solve the taste! I found it was actually quite simple.

An RO unit is a unit that filters by membrane - bacteria, sodium and most all other chemicals (fluoride, chlorine) out of your drinking water. I knew this, but did not think my tap water was that bad.

So after choosing a good three tank system, which really purifies the water, I then had the issue of where to put it. I have worked with water filters and systems and kinda always hated the industry standard which is to put the RO under the kitchen sink.

I did not care for it because it always left a mess when there were leaks. And generally ruined the bottom of the kitchen sink cabinet.

The option that I like is to put the Reverse Osmosis System in the mechanical room and then run pex lines back to whatever sink you want.

With my lower kitchen being my beverage kitchen it was not really an option to get pex through the walls or ceiling so I resolved that under the sink was my only choice.

RO units are so very nice when you can't get your drinks to taste right - you see - an RO removes the taste and the color of the water. Though it does not remove "all" the bacteria (some may get through but it is less hurtful than not having one) it does improve brew making.

Now I have enjoyed the smiles of those I invite over. I am enjoying my second batch of good brew - and gratefully - I use a Reverse Osmosis water filter for my beverages.

hamilton beach ice cream maker

No comments:

Post a Comment