Friday, November 25, 2011

Jungle Bubble

Jungle Bubble Video Clips.





Presenting "Jungle Bubble", my entry into the Aquatic Gardeners' Association 11th Annual Aquascaping Contest (2010). It's about 31 liters in total volume (I think I said 35 by mistake) and 40 cm in diameter. This bowl requires no filtration, as the plants provide it themselves. The water is still crystal clear after a week. Apart from light (11W fluorescent and 4W LED, both from IKEA, 13 hours/day), CO2 (about 0.7 bubbles/second for 10 hours/day), and Tetro Pro Colour food, I add only Seachem Potassium, Iron, and Trace, in doses of about 50-100% of advised levels, once or twice a week, depending on plant health and algae level. Algae does slowly accumulate as pinpricks on the glass, which I remove during my weekly maintenance cycle, along with any plant leaves that I choose to trim. I change about 80% of the water per week, not because it needs so much, but because it allows me access to the plants at the bottom of the bowl for trimming. Fish: 3 cardinal tetras, 2 ember tetras, 2 blue ram cichlids, 2 otocinclus catfish, and 2 Yamato (Amano) shrimp. I feed them once a day in an amount that can be eaten in about 10 minutes. I have no heater, as I live in the tropics. (Contrary to what I said in the video, I suppose my temperature is stable enough year-round, although I don't have a way to place the bowl in the sun and keep it cool enough.) A word of warning: as you can see in my other video about silvertip tetras (which were sent back to the store for bad behavior), this ...

Keywords: fishbowl, fish, bowl, aquarium, plants, co2, ember, tetra, cardinal, blue, ram, otocinclus, yamato, amano, shrimp, dangerousfishbowl

nordstroms bras

No comments:

Post a Comment